Friday, February 05, 2016

Thanks for the memories

I never liked the design of the Google+ comment feature. Besides it was making it difficult for T.S. to comment - and don't we all live for his comments. So I was determined to get rid of it. Yesterday was a day off and I spent the afternoon and evening on a Blogger help forum exchanging messages with a very patient man named Chuck. He would give me one command at a time and then ask for a screenshot of the relevant page. The upshot of our combined labors is that I no longer have to deal with Google+ . The downside is that I have lost all my comments, and as I've already noted elsewhere, there were precious few to start with. At least now I know how to take a screenshot.

But how annoying that today isn't my day off. It is snowing wet and heavy. The walk to the subway will be miserable and I'll probably get stuck between stations on my way home this afternoon.

Oh well.

11 comments:

  1. Yay Shawn ....... I can now comment .... brilliant. Thanks for getting rid of Googgle + .... I didn't want to join it !!
    Hope that your journey to work was a dry one. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say it was a seasonal journey, and lovely for that. So happy to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. I am hoping that I will now be identified as Rachel when I leave a comment instead of one half of my email address. Blogger seem to be making everything difficult at the moment. This morning I tried for a couple of hours to answer comments on my own blog before blogger would allow me. I started to think I was being punished for something. I can't think why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in fact identified as Rachel, which makes me feel I am now talking to the same person as everyone else is. How nice to be part of the group! I don't think Blogger, no matter how evil we think Google, has the power to punish you, even if you deserve it.

      Delete
  3. Well done, now I can comment with my not so good English:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yael, I am looking forward to your comments in your quite good English!

      Delete
    2. She doesn't even do Yiddish, Yael.

      Delete
    3. Don't be mashugana, Tom.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've always wondered whether native born Israelis know Yiddish, which I associate only with European and American (because they came from Europe) Jews. Please enlighten me, Yael.

      Delete