Thursday, December 08, 2016

Real fake logs

I thought I'd better clear up the confusion. The fake log I refer to in my previous post is one of these. Known as "firelogs" they are made of a mixture of sawdust and petroleum wax, individually wrapped and they light with the touch of a match. They are more efficient than wood logs, with one log lasting about 3 hours. They do produce ash. The only downside, as far as I am concerned, is that they burn silently, without the crackle and pop of a real fire.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks. But you didn't change the scene a bit. A happy fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you eat them in extremis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only if you are ad mortis ianuam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like genuine faux diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sssh. No one knows my jewels are fake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bum !!! .... Tom said what I was going to say ... I should have got here earlier Shawn !!! .... they do look like a chocolate bar. XXXX

    ReplyDelete