Saturday, January 28, 2017

I just can't

I was all set to take a break from monitoring Trump and write about Margaret Wise Brown, the author of classic children's books such as GoodNight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. But now it's all I can do to stay away from Twitter for 30 minutes at a time. Of all Trump's actions in the last week (God, has it only been a week?), the immigration ban angers and saddens and embarrasses me more than any. Some are pointing to the irony that he signed it on Holocaust Remembrance Day. I am horrified that he signed it at all.

I'm sorry.

8 comments:

  1. I sent him a postcard. It says For Shame. We will overwhelm him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call your senator about the cabinet nominations.

      Delete
  2. I can't get my teaching days out of my head - the books "1984" and "Brave New World".

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1984 is the #1 selling book on Amazon right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was planning on having a break from Trump this weekend too. He just won't let us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've given up on avoiding my dose of daily news. I figure I need to at least keep up to date. Thankfully, I'm not on twitter. THAT would put me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As it stands the immigration ban is only for 90 days. And it's only selected countries. Bans and sanctions come and go. Keep Calm and Carry On.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Gwil. Your words offer no consolation. Syrians are fully barred - not just for 90 days. The border and security officials are defying court orders. Steve Bannon holds the puppet's strings. It will get worse. Soon they will begin deporting immigrants.

    ReplyDelete